This is my first post about an ongoing project to make a Liero clone as a Java applet. Most of the physics engine is done, but it's not exactly stable right now. Anyway it works pretty good so i decided to post a small "tech" demo :)
The JAR got really big, about 500k. This is because i used the maven-assembly-plugin to include all the project dependencies. I should be able to reduce the size by excluding log4j and remove some unused classes and resources.
The controls are the arrow keys, K and L for player 1 and W,S,A,D,Z,X for player 2. There is also some functionality attached to the mouse buttons.